It must be head lice season! (But then again… when isn’t it hey?)
We’ve just had a notification come home from school that the little f*ckers are about again, and another of my friends proudly displayed on facebook a huge chunk of hair that she cut from her daughters head when she found lice at 9 o’clock on a school night. Nothing like a good excuse to get a haircut – am I right???
So this post is inspired by my poor mum friend who found lice in her child’s hair at 9 o’clock at night and to the poor Front Office Lady at my school who has to send home the head lice notices. And to any other mums who have to comb their kids hair tonight! (My tip – get your wine ready!)
It’s really hard to remember all the things you have to do to treat lice, cos you have to make sure you do everything right to make sure you get rid of them, and if you haven’t had to do it for a while it’s easy to forget… so I’ve come up with this handy checklist for you if you are going through the dreaded head lice – I’m feeling your pain and good luck my love, good luck!
The Perfect Head Lice Checklist
- Discover Lice
- Swear Profusely (under breath if kids around)
- Throw an internal tantrum
- Ask yourself “why me?”
- Put treatment in Kids Hair
- Ignore bitching & moaning from said kids when combing out those little fuckers
- Consider shaving kids hair off completely
- Wash Kids Hair
- Put Kids to Bed
- Start scratching own head in sympathy
- Get convinced you also have lice
- Deny you really have lice (while going insane)
- Finally get partner to check your hair
- Comes Back “All Clear”
- Experience mild relief till you wonder if they even know what they are looking for!
- Continue to freak out while you wash a shit tonne of sheets, towels, hairbrushes & soft toys
- Pour wine & hope it all worked!